Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents are all too common and often lead to serious injuries for the drivers. While many of these accidents are the results of collisions, others can occur because of defective products. If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident as a result of a defective motorcycle or motorcycle part, contact a Knoxville motorcycle accident lawyer today to discuss your legal options.
Steps to Take if You’ve Been in a Motorcycle Accident
After you experience a motorcycle accident, your actions immediately following the accident, as well as over the few days after the accident, can make a big difference in whether or not you will be able to collect compensation for your damages. If you are able, take the following steps after your accident to ensure you have everything you need to make your case.
- Write everything down about your accident including the weather, the parties involved, any witnesses and any other detail you can think of.
- Document your injuries and damages suffered because of the accident such as difficulty sleeping, the pain you are experiencing and the treatment you are undergoing.
- Take photographs of your injuries, as well as the damages to your vehicle. Taking pictures of the scene where the accident took place can also prove helpful.
- Record or write down all of your conversations with others about your accident. Include the date, time and place of these conversations, along with who is present and what is being said.
- Contact any witnesses as soon as possible so you can hear their side of the story while it’s still fresh in their minds.
- Go back to the scene of the accident when you are able to get a better eye of the location and to look for any evidence. There may be some things you missed the day of the accident that you’ll be able to notice with more time and a clear head.
Types of Motorcycle Defects
Motorcycles that are subject to product defect claims are either unreasonably dangerous in their design or were not manufactured properly. Motorcycles that have unreasonably dangerous designs were properly made and don’t actually contain a manufacturer defect. Rather, the flaw is in their design. So even if a motorcycle is made according to design specifications, it may still be defective due to the original design.
Motorcycles that are not manufactured properly may have been designed perfectly, but they experience some issue during production or shipping. Motorcycles and motorcycle parts that are defective due to being improperly manufactured may have experienced an error at the facility where the product was made, or the defect could have occurred during shipping, at the supply store or at the dealership.
Contact a Knoxville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
If you believe that your motorcycle accident was caused by a defect with your motorcycle or its parts, consult the expertise of a Knoxville motorcycle accident lawyer at McMahan Law Firm. We understand how important it is to receive the appropriate compensation for your injuries and losses associated with your accident, and our team is prepared to fight for your rights to compensation. With locations in Chattanooga and Knoxville, TN, we’re here to help you through this difficult time. Contact a Knoxville motorcycle accident lawyer today for more information.